VANCOUVER, B.C., July 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Again in 1928, White Spot founder Nat Bailey remodeled his 1918 Mannequin T right into a travelling lunch counter, parking each Sunday at Vancouver’s Lookout Level promoting tasty scorching canines and ice cream to hungry sightseers. His menu was based mostly on the perfect native elements he may discover. Right now — 94 years later — the custom continues, with White Spot Eating places shopping for extra contemporary, locally-grown produce than some other full-service restaurant chain within the province.
“The historical past of White Spot is intrinsically linked to B.C., and it began with a person and his truck,” mentioned Warren Erhart, President, White Spot Eating places. “For greater than 9 many years, White Spot has proudly supported native growers. We take nice pleasure within the long-standing relationships we’ve shaped, together with some that date again to a handshake with Nat Bailey and proceed to today — like our partnership with the Guichon household of Felix Farms in Delta who’ve been supplying White Spot with potatoes for our Kennebec fries since 1938.”
This summer season, the enduring B.C. restaurant chain — the longest working in Canada — celebrates its custom of supporting native by introducing a brand new ‘Rejoice BC‘ menu throughout areas province-wide from July 25 to September 4.
“The range, high quality, and freshness of B.C. elements are at their peak this time of 12 months,” mentioned Govt Chef James Kennedy. “It made it such a pleasure for the Culinary crew and I to create the meals for this new menu.” On the roster is the brand new B.C. Brie & Bacon BBQ Rooster Burger, made with contemporary B.C. hen breast and topped with brie from Golden Ears Cheesecrafters; whereas the Steelhead Florentine spotlights Ocean Sensible steelhead caught in Lois Lake, B.C. The brand new B.C. Summer time Salad encompasses a cornucopia of domestically grown produce, and again by common demand, the well-known contemporary B.C. Blueberry Pie is made with blueberries sourced totally via Silver Valley Farms in Maple Ridge, and grown all through the Fraser Valley. And it’s not solely the meals — at White Spot, visitors will discover a bevy of locally-produced drinks, together with a choice of completely featured 100% B.C. VQA wines in addition to native craft beers and ice cream for his or her well-known milkshakes.
Right here’s an extended listing of White Spot’s native elements, to call just some:
- 100% Recent Canadian beef on White Spot burgers;
- Recent B.C. hen breast for burgers, salads and pastas;
- Regionally baked artisan fashion buns made with actual elements: eggs, butter, milk, domestically milled wheat;
- Naturally smoked Canadian bacon on burgers and Canadian again bacon at breakfast;
- Coleslaw made with native cabbage;
- Sufficient native Kennebec potatoes for fries to fill 1.6 Olympic-size swimming swimming pools!
- Sufficient domestically grown zucchini for zoo sticks to stretch longer than 27,000 soccer fields;
- B.C. dairy for hand-scooped milkshakes, milk, butter and extra. Per 12 months, White Spot serves sufficient native ice cream to fill greater than 10,000 kiddie swimming pools;
- Canadian cheese together with aged Cheddar;
- Tomatoes ripened on the vine in B.C. The full weight of tomatoes bought by White Spot is the same as 5 instances the burden of the biggest hockey stick on the earth (positioned in Duncan, B.C.).
- In the event you laid out all of the B.C. mushrooms bought by White Spot, they’d stretch longer than 17 instances round Stanley Park;
- B.C.-grown cucumbers, sufficient to stretch longer than 38 back-to-back Kitsilano swimming pools;
- 100% B.C. VQA Wine and native craft beer on the beverage menu;
- Ocean Sensible Steelhead sustainably raised and caught from the deep, chilly, clear waters of Lois Lake, B.C.;
- Recent B.C. Blueberries sourced via Silver Valley Farms in Maple Ridge, and grown all through the Fraser Valley. B.C. is likely one of the prime blueberry producing areas on the earth; per 12 months, White Spot serves blueberries equal to the burden of 279 hungry feminine black bears;
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters Brie, Maple Ridge, B.C.;
- Regionally grown butter lettuce.
The Rejoice BC menu showcasing native B.C.-grown elements is on the market in any respect White Spot Restaurant areas throughout British Columbia from July 25 to September 4.
For the newest information about White Spot and its Rejoice BC menu accessible for a restricted time, register to obtain Spot Membership emails at whitespot.ca, grow to be a fan of /whitespot on Fb or observe @White_Spot on Twitter, @whitespot_restaurants on Instagram and /whitespotrestaurants on YouTube.
ABOUT WHITE SPOT HOSPITALITY | Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, White Spot is Canada’s longest-running restaurant chain. Based in 1928, when Nat Bailey launched Canada’s first drive-in restaurant at Granville and 67th, the 94-year-young chain serves greater than 17 million visitors yearly at 128 White Spot and Triple O’s (their premium quick-service eating places) positioned all through B.C., Alberta, Ontario and Asia. Additionally they personal and function three cellular meals vans plus a newly opened R+D Kitchen by White Spot; their check kitchen restaurant positioned on the Wonderful Brentwood in Burnaby. Bailey’s authentic imaginative and prescient was to construct a restaurant that served the best high quality, distinctive tasting meals and White Spot stays dedicated to persevering with this custom in every meal. White Spot Hospitality is proud to be acknowledged with the platinum standing designation as one among Canada’s Finest Managed Firms, is one among Canada’s prime 150 iconic manufacturers as awarded by Interbrand Canada, has been awarded a gold medal for excellence in franchising by the Canadian Franchise Affiliation and is one among B.C.’s Most Cherished Manufacturers as acknowledged by Ipsos. | whitespot.ca tripleos.ca
– 30 –
- Rejoice BC Menu
- B.C. Blueberry Pie